Training Program Manager
The role of the Training Manager is to develop, deliver, and coordinate training for professionals in the aging services network. LiveOn NY, a membership organization that works to make New York a better place to age, prides itself with delivering quality training on a wide range of critical topics for aging services professionals.
This is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver training in person and via webinar, using relevant training materials such as texts, handouts, class exercises, or assessment tools.
- Provide administrative support to staff that serve as lead trainers.
- Conduct training and development needs assessments/surveys of members and other professionals in the aging field.
- Continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology to maintain currency and relevance.
- Develop new curricula and training modules as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with emerging issues and trends in the field of aging.
- Maintain a commitment to evaluation and improvement of training materials and instruction.
- Provided a high level of customer service to members, trainees, and partners.
- Provide support to the Annual Conference on Aging by managing the workshop development and assisting with the coordination of the event.
- Identify new speakers on interesting and relevant topics.
- Maintain accurate records, including participant rosters, attendance, evaluation, CE data, and other essential records.
- Provide technical assistance to members around program implementation; monitoring trends in member requests; ensuring accurate record keeping of technical assistance
- Support the Agency Values of: commitment to the mission, flexibility, integrity, service, teamwork, accountability, and taking initiative.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Public Health, Health Education, Public Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years Post-Master’s experience.
- Ability to interact with all levels of professionals, organizations, and businesses that work in the aging field.
- Ability to travel throughout all five boroughs while carrying necessary training materials (20-30 lbs)
- Dynamic professional with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Innovative, organized, able to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively with team.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and email correspondence.
- Experience as a public speaker or training facilitator.
- Ability to travel throughout the State of New York
- Knowledge of aging services and experience working with seniors.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email Cover Letter and Resume to Karol Tapias at email@example.com. Be sure to highlight experience public speaking and experience working in the aging field.