22nd Annual Senior Advocacy Day at City Hall
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
What is Senior Advocacy Day?
Year after year seniors come to City Hall and 250 Broadway to demand their fair share of the city's budget - and this year will be no different! Acting as representatives for their senior center/program, seniors who are unable to attend and the entire network of aging services, seniors make their voices heard during a vibrant rally, as well as during meetings with their respective City Council Members.
Our message is clear: 2017 is the Year of the Senior.
Who should attend?
One staff member and one or two seniors from each senior center/program - due to space limitations this is the maximum number of attendees per center/program. You will join other groups from your City Council Member's district in a meeting to discuss the important issues. If you have additional people who would like to attend, they can attend the Press Conference where there is more room.
When & Where?
- Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017
- The Press Conference: 11:00 AM on the steps of City Hall
- The Meetings: To be confirmed between 9:00AM - 1:30PM at 250 Broadway (across from City Hall)
How Can I Prepare?
- Make sure you contact LiveOn NY to register - we need all the names of attendees prior to the event to add you to the security list to ensure the day runs smoothly
- Participate in a briefing call on either Tuesday April 18 or Thursday April 20 at 2pm to talk logistics and learn the talking points to ensure our message and funding ask is clear
- Click here to read important logistics about the day
- Click here to read the talking points for May 3
- Click here to read the budget priorities sheet for May 3
Who is My Contact?
To ensure the event runs smoothly, each borough has a "Borough Delegation Leader" to coordinate and assist with any inquiries.