Join us in AdvOCATING FOR services for older adults
in this year's city budget
Fill out the e-form below to have LiveOn NY send a postcard to Mayor Bill de Blasio and your Council Member on your behalf!
Questions? Reach out to Director of Public Policy, Andrea Cianfrani, at firstname.lastname@example.org; or Public Policy Associate, Katelyn Hosey, at email@example.com!
Social Media: Share your support for increased aging services funding on Facebook & Twitter
Use the sample posts and images below to share your support - and don't forget to use the hashtag #MoreThanAMeal!
- Don't allow the disparity in funding for senior meals to continue, @NYCMayor! NYC currently funds meals at a rate that is 20% LESS than the national average - this is not fair and is not sustainable for our incredible nonprofit providers. #MoreThanAMeal
- Funding that's 20% lower than the national average for something as important as a nutritious meal for seniors cannot continue - It's time the city invest $12.1 million towards ending elder hunger. #MoreThanAMeal
- I support @liveonny's call for the city to invest $12.1 million in meals for seniors. To a senior a senior center lunch or home delivered meal means socialization, health, peace of mind, community connections & more. It's #MoreThanAMeal
- Funding that's 20% lower than the national average in a city w/ a high cost of living? Something doesn't add up. It's time the city invest $12.1 million in vital funding for senior meals because in reality it's: #MoreThanAMeal
- Did you know that in 2017 the city contributed $26 million less than the national average for meals for seniors? This is why I'm joining @liveonny and advocates in calling on the city to increase funding for senior meals #MoreThanAMeal
- You can make New York a better place to age, @NYCMayor! By investing $12.1 million in meals for seniors the city will take a huge step forward in ending hunger for seniors #MoreThanAMeal