Director of Development
LiveOn NY's Director of Development is a unique and exciting position that will allow you to be a collaborative, visionary and imaginative thinker. The ideal candidate will have a passion for growing resources in order to change policy and impact lives. In this position, you will be able to:
- Work on existing fundraising activities, while at the same time exploring new and innovative approaches.
- Convene internal discussions among program and policy staff to explore how our current strategies and long term plans give rise to new and creative fundraising opportunities.
- Lead responsibility for building an overall development strategy and oversee/coordinate all fundraising activities
- Ensure the establishment of annual and long-term goals and strategies for securing revenue, drafting and reviewing funding proposals and donor appeals and tracking the status of all solicitations, identification of priority areas and opportunities, management of donor relationships, timely and accurate reporting, and regular updating of the Executive Director, executive management, and board of revenue streams.
- Work creatively and communicate with the members of the Executive Management Team to manage fundraising for LiveOn.
- Communicate directly with foundation program officers, partner organizations, individual and institutional donors, VIP contacts, Board members, and vendors.
As the Director of Development, you will manage or oversee all of LiveOn's fundraising and development activities and be specifically responsible for the following:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and secure funding primarily from foundations, and also corporations and individual philanthropists. Maintain contact with current and prospective donors and members. Plan and implement cultivation and stewardship events as appropriate
- Develop a one-year and three-year fund development plan that generates individual donors, and corporate and foundation donors for philanthropic support of LiveOn NY.
- Conduct prospect research to identify and prioritize potential funders.
- Take the lead as principal writer on all proposals, reports, and other correspondence for submission to foundation, corporate, and government funders.
- Develop content for grant proposals and program budgets both independently and in collaboration with senior staff. Prepare budgets and financial reports for all proposals.
- Prepare additional written development related materials including letters of inquiry, interim and final reports, acknowledgements, and all other forms of correspondence with donors.
- Create and maintain a grants management and tracking program and database, maintaining a grant activity calendar.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.