JUNE 23, 2016
LiveOn NY Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption (SCRIE)/
Senior Rent Freeze Program Survey
This survey is crucial to show the need for capping rents at 1/3 to further our work.
Please complete survey by July 22, 2016
- LiveOn NY and Enterprise Community Partners have released a report documenting that substantial numbers of older New Yorkers on the Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption (SCRIE)/Senior Rent Freeze Program (hereinafter SCRIE) who are still paying over 50% of their income in rent. SCRIE freezes the rents of senior households living in rent regulated housing who are paying over one-third of their income in rent. Click Here to view the report.
- Cap all rents at one-third of income: One of the major recommendations is that NYC establish a program where all seniors on SCRIE pay no more than one-third of their income in rent. This would be an important step forward in ensuring that thousands of older New Yorkers in rent regulated apartments could continue to afford them and have money for other daily needs.
- Help us strengthen the SCRIE program: Filling out this survey will help make the SCRIE program for seniors a better program.
- In order to move this effort forward, we would greatly appreciate as many seniors as possible to out this survey. It is brief and can be filled out by hand or online at www.liveon-ny.org. Filling it out online saves us a lot of time as we will have to enter all surveys filled out on paper into the database manually.
- The survey is available in several languages.
- To fill it out by hand, you can simply print this survey out and distribute it for seniors to take. If filled out by hand, please mail completed surveys in bulk to SCRIE Survey, LiveOn NY, 49 W.45th Street, 7th floor, NY, NY 10036
- Anonymous survey – We only ask for your general demographic information, no names or any identifying information.
- For questions or comments on this survey, contact Bobbie Sackman, Director of Public Policy at 212-398-6565x226 or email@example.com or Andrea Cianfrani, Deputy Director of Public Policy at 212-398-6565x233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please complete surveys by Friday July 22, 2016.
Thank you! This survey is crucial to our work to make SCRIE a better program.